Course Code: BASA200
Brocade Associate SAN Administrator (BASA200)This training course provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to help them become proficient with Brocade Gen 6 and Gen 5 Fibre Channel products and Fabric OS v8.0.1 features. Topics include an introduction to Fibre Channel, switch installation and configuration, zoning, MAPS introduction, Inter-Switch Links (ISLs), Long Distance ISLs, ISL Trunking, Inter-Chassis Links (ICLs), Layer 2 routing, updating switch firmware, backing up switch configurations, and basic troubleshooting. Students will learn to perform switch management tasks using the CLI and Brocade Network Advisor v14.0.1
Before taking this course, students should have working
- FC101: Introduction to Fibre Channel Concepts or a general understanding of the Fibre Channel protocol (frame format, world wide name, etc)
- BNA 101: Introduction to Brocade Network Advisor or equivalent knowledge
- Six months of working experience associated with storage technologies
- Provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to help them become proficient with advanced Fabric OS v7.2.0 features.
- Topics include Fibre Channel-to-Fibre Channel Routing (FC-FC Routing), Fibre Channel over Internet Protocol (FCIP), Adaptive Networking, Access Gateway, Virtual Fabrics (VF), Monitoring and Alerting Policy Suite (MAPS), Flow Vision, and Brocade management tools.
- Switch management tasked are performed using Telnet and Brocade Network Advisor v12.1.3.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify the SAN Brocade product line and physical Layer SAN components, including Brocade 16 and 32 Gbps hardware Describe Layer 2 fabric routing and trunking functionality
- Describe and implement features related to Fabric OS v8.0.1. Discuss distance solutions
- Install, configure, and verify Brocade switch functionality Perform basic troubleshooting processes and use Brocade error messages, commands, and diagnostics
- Perform maintenance tasks that include downloading firmware, validating firmware download, and backing up switch Identify management tools used to manage Brocade fabrics, such configurations as Brocade Network Advisor, Web Tools, and the CLI
- Discuss Fibre Channel concepts
This course is designed for:
- This course is designed for storage administrators, SAN administrators, system administrators, SAN architects, systems engineers, and SAN operators that are involved with configuration, change management, maintenance, monitoring, configuration, and basic SAN troubleshooting