Course Code: BTASBVA
Cisco : Applying Cisco Specialized Business Value Analysis Skills v3.0
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/cisco/sales_effectiveness/btasbva.html
Customer buying behaviour is driving professionals to adapt from a ‘product push’ style, to using customer-centric solution and outcome-based selling approaches. This transition is best enabled through acquisition of new knowledge, skills and related confidence.
Applying Cisco Specialized Business Value Analysis Skills (BTASBVA v3.0) builds practical skills on solutions- and outcome-based selling approaches. Self-study modules, instructor facilitated discussion and exercises cover the full sales process, from prospecting through winning deals and spurring adoption and usage.
This course consists of both ELT and ILT components. The preparatory ELT course provides an overview of outcome-based selling and provides additional knowledge and resources prior to attending the instructor led component. Additional ELT content is provided for review following completion of the classroom delivery providing supplementary information for successful outcome based selling. Only 2 days of this class is spent in the classroom environment.
Throughout this course students will have the opportunity to apply what they learn to real-life business scenarios through guided exercises and challenge questions at the end of each lesson. Where applicable, course content is presented in the context of actual business outcomes sales scenarios. Ancillary materials are provided to enable individuals to successfully define technology solutions that drive business outcomes in their everyday job role.
Attendess should meet the following prerequisites:
- Passed either exam 810-401 (Selling Business Outcomes) or 810-420 (Understanding Cisco Business Value Analysis Fundamentals).
- 3-8+ years of experience selling technology or networking products and services is recommended.
Technology Sales: Context for Success
- Customer Buying Trends and Industry Solutions
- Sales Approaches: Choices and Impacts
- Solution- and Outcome-Based Selling: Pictures of Success
- The Cisco Approach to Outcome-Based Selling
Know the Customer
- Industry Background and Customer Baseline
- Business and Technology Strategy
- Stakeholders and Their Approach to Management and Decision Making
- Business Model, Operations, and Value Creation
- Communication and Negotiation
Build the Sales Opportunity
- Understanding the Desired Customer Outcomes
- Quantify the Target Results
Enabling Outcomes with Cisco Solutions and Services
- Cisco Solutions and Services
- Risks and Mitigation for Outcome–Based Selling
Financial Considerations and Metrics for Outcomes
- Financial Aspects of Outcomes
- Case Study: Identify Financial Considerations and KPIs
Organizational Change and Adoption
- Pilot and Prototype Approaches in Outcome–Based Selling
- Organizational Change and Adoption Considerations
- Case Study: Managing Organization Change and Adoption
Managing the Post–Sales Process
- Cisco Enablement Resources
- Post–Sales Opportunities
- Case Study: Identify Post–Sales Opportunities
Wrap Up and Next Steps
- Wrap Up and Next Steps
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply research and gather customer information to prepare an outcome-based selling strategy
- Apply Cisco's business outcome-based selling approach from market awareness to solution adoption and consumption
- Interpret a customer's business context and identify the "As-is" and "To-Be" states of the business
- Determine how desired customer outcomes can be enabled with solutions and services
- Determine a baseline for measuring progress against stated targets
- Outline a plan for managing IT and Line of Business (LoB) stakeholders across the sales cycle
- Demonstrate how Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and outcome metrics are reflected in business financials
- Prepare an implementation strategy and roadmap
- Explain how structured communication approaches enable improved results from complex stakeholder interactions
Cisco Channel Partner Account Managers and System Engineers (especially those working for Gold Partners that are required to have one Cisco Certified Business Value Practitioner on staff).
Recommended preparation for exam(s):
- 820-421 - Applying Cisco Specialized Business Value Analysis Skills Exam
Students looking to achieve the Cisco Business Value Specialist will also need to have passed the 810-401 exam or the 810-420 exam.
Follow on Courses
Students looking to achieve the Business Value Practitioner Certification will need to attend the BTEABVD course and pass exam 840-423.
For more information on Cisco courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : email@example.com
International Enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org
Request More Information