Course Code: DCNX5K
Cisco : Configuring Cisco Nexus 5000 Switches
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : http://www.globalknowledge.ae/courses/cisco/data_center_and_virtualisation/dcnx5k.html
This 5-day course is specifically designed for engineers involved in the implementation, installation and maintenance of the Cisco Nexus 5000 Switch and Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender. The key components and procedures required to successfully install, configure, manage and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch and the Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extenders in a LAN/SAN and unified fabric environment are covered in this course.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites
- Good understanding of networking protocols ICND1 and ICND2 or CCNABC recommended or DCICN and DCICT.
- Good understanding of the Fibre Channel protocol and the SAN environment. DCMDS recommended.
Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
- Describing the Cisco Nexus Product Family
- Describing Cisco Nexus 3000 Series Switches
- Describing Cisco Nexus 4000 Series Switches
- Describing Cisco Nexus 5500 and 5600 Series Switches
- Describing Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders
- Describing Cisco Nexus 6000 Series Switches
Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch Administration and Management
- Describing the Cisco NX-OS Software Architecture
- Configuring System Management Features
- Configuring User Management
- Configuring Cisco Prime DCNM
- Describing Administration and Management Troubleshooting
Cisco NX-API and Python on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
- Using Cisco NX-APU on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
- Using Python on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch LAN Features
- Configuring Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders
- Troubleshooting Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders
- Configuring Layer 2 Switching Features
- Troubleshooting Layer 2 Switching
- Describing vPC Technology and Enhanced vPC
- Configuring vPCs and EvPCs
- Troubleshooting vPCs and EvPCs
- Describing Cisco Adapter-FEX and VM-FEX
- Cisco FabricPath
- Configuring Cisco FabricPath
- Troubleshooting Cisco FabricPath
- Describing Cisco DFA
- Describing Cisco RISE
- Describing Cisco ITD
- Configuring Cisco ITD
VXLAN on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
- Describing VXLAN Technology
- Configuring VXLAN on Cisco Nexus 5000 Serie Switches
Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch SAN Features
- Describing FCP
- Describing SAN Switching
- Configuring SAN Switching
- Troubleshooting SAN Switching
- Descibing Cisco NPV Mode and NPIV
- Configuring Cisco NPV Mode and NPIV
- Troubleshooting Cisco NPV Mode and NPIV
Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch Unified Fabric Features
- Describing Data Center Bridging Enhancements
- Describing the FCoE Protocol
- Configuring FCoE
- Describing Dynamic FCoE with Cisco FabricPath
- Troubleshooting FCoE
- Lab 1: Initial Switch Configuration
- Lab 2: Configuring System Management
- Lab 3: Upgrading the Cisco NX-OS Software with ISSU
- Lab 4: Configuring User Security
- Lab 5: Configuring Cisco Prime DCNM to Perform Network Discovery
- Lab 6: Using Troubleshooting Tools
- Lab 7: Using Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch NX-API
- Lab 8: Connecting the Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extender
- Lab 9: Configuring Layer 2 Switching Features
- Lab 10: Troubleshooting Layer 2 Switching
- Lab 11: Configuring FEX Active-Active vPC and EvPC
- Lab 12: Configuring Host vPC
- Lab 13: Configuring Cisco FabricPath
- Lab 14: Implementing VXLAN Bridging on the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switch
- Lab 15: Configuring SAN Switching
- Lab 16: Configuring Cisco NPV Mode and NPIV
- Lab 17: Troubleshooting SAN Switching
- Lab 18: Configuring FCoE
- Lab 19: Troubleshooting FCoE
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the specific products that make up the Cisco Nexus product families and provide a high level overview of their features and common deployment models.
- Recognize the advanced data center class features and functionality of the Cisco Nexus 5500 Series Switch.
- Discuss the administration and management options for the Cisco Nexus 5500 and 5600 Series Switches.
- Describe Cisco NX-API and Phyton network programmability options.
- Configure Cisco Nexus 5500 Series Switches and Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders for scalable and optimized operation in an enterprise network or data center specific to LAN or SAN networking.
- Describe and configure VXLAN on Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches.
- Identify the components, structure and operation of the Fibre Channel protocol and the IEEE Data Center Bridging Ethernet enhancements as implemented on the Cisco Nexus 5500 Series Switches.
This course is designed for engineers and technical solutions architects, who sell, implement, and maintain Cisco Nexus 5000 products in a data center.
Recommended preparation for exam(s):
- There are no relevant exams or certifications at this time
Delegates requiring knowledge of both the Nexus 5K and Nexus 7K switches, or those looking to achieve Channel Partner Certifications should consider the DCUFI course .
For more information on Cisco courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : firstname.lastname@example.org
International Enquiries : email@example.com
Request More Information