Course Code: BE6000
Cisco : Installing and Configuring the Cisco BE6000
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : http://www.globalknowledge.ae/courses/cisco/collaboration/be6000.html
This course is focused entirely on the Cisco Business Edition 6000 solution, designed for organizations with up to 1000 employees. The solution offers premium voice, video, mobility, messaging, presence, and contact center features on a single platform and provides core communication capabilities that medium-sized businesses need for improved collaboration across the value chain.
During this course delegates will learn how the Cisco Business Edition 6000 solution ,enabled by virtualization technology, consolidates multiple applications on a single platform and how high-availability features can be maximised to support mission-critical voice, messaging, and contact center capabilities. Presence, Unity Connection, Jabber, Webex UUCX are all covered during this course.
This course is designed around Business Edition version 9.0
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Good understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager - CVOICE and CIPT are recommended.The basics of Unified Communications Manager are not included in this course.
Architecture: Key Concepts & Tools
- BE6000 DOC Wiki
- BE 6000 Support Community
- BE 6000 Playbook and Program in a Box
- Quick Pricing Tool/CCW
- DSP Calculator
- Configuring ISRG2 for video conferencing
- Sample config (PSTN – CUBE)
Virtualization UC on UCS - Pre-installation
- VMware ESXi Hypervisor 5
- OVA, what is pre-loaded (install still required)
- Generating Licences
- CUCM installation
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Installation and Initial configuration.
- User and device profiles: adding phones, fax, CSS, partitions, route plan, digit manipulation
- Advanced telephony features: Extension mobility, BLF with pickup, Single Number Reach, shared line
- HA options on BE 6000
- ELM Enterprise license manager
- Present RTMT – log/trace
Cisco Unity Connection.
- Present Unity Connection (voicemail, integrated and unified messaging – security, functionalities)
- Configure Unity Connection & user mailbox
- Microsoft exchange Lab – Unified Messaging
- Unified Inbox configuration
- Visual voicemail
- Speech to text
- Auto attendant
- Voice recognition
Cisco Unified Communication Manager IM (CUP)
- Present Unified Presence (CSF)
- CUCM IM initial set up and configuration
- Intra domain federation (with MOC)
- Present Cisco Jabber for PC, MAC, Mobile, Tablet
- Present Cisco Jabber SDK and useful URL's
- Install Cisco Jabber on desktop
- Cisco Jabber OM (Phone/Android)
- Present unified mobility: SNR, Extension mobility, WiFi, dual mode, remote worker, DVO, etc.
- Design consideration for WiFi devices & video.
- Phone VPN
VCS Video Communications Server
- Interop (H323 SIP)
- B2B (Expressway)
- Hunt groups & Native queuing
Hunt group refresh
- Native queuing (new features in 9.0)
Unified Contact Center Express
- Present UCCX value bundles
- Initial Setup
- Configure Resources and Install desktop
- CUCM IM integration
- Incoming Voice Mails
- Outbound Campaigns
- Email Management
- Web Voice Call Back
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Understand the BE6000 solution and market positioning
- Describe key virtualized collaboration applications: Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Unity Connection (CUC), IM & Presence (IMP), Video (VCS-C), Contact Center (UCCX) and what’s new in version 9 (i.e. Native queuing, Paging, etc.).
- Maximise the use of the BE6000 sizing tools
- Learn step by step how to deploy and install a complete Cisco Business Edition 6000 Collaboration solution virtualized on the UCS C-Series platform.
- Connect and configure a user on BE6000
- Configure Unity Connection and user mailbox
- Install Cisco Jabber
- Complete initial setup and configuration of UCCX
- Understand mobility design considerations
This course is designed for:
- Engineers, pre-sales, architects and network intergrators involved in the installation and deployment of a Cisco BE6000 solution. This course will also be of interest to Advanced Collaboration and Express Collaboation Channel Partners .
For more information on Cisco courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : firstname.lastname@example.org
International Enquiries : email@example.com
Request More Information