Course Code: UCSIDBC
Cisco : UCS Implementation and Design Boot Camp 5.00
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : http://www.globalknowledge.ae/courses/cisco/data_center_and_virtualisation/dcucscts.html
This is an extensive accelerated course focusing on the design of a Cisco UCS solution and the deployment of the Cisco UCS B-Series and C-Series Servers. You will learn how to design, size, evaluate and implement a UCS solution looking at both Network, management and storage considerations, as well as learning how to install, configure, and maintain Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series and C-Series servers with a strong emphasis on Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers. You will focus on the management, maintenance, and troubleshooting of UCS B-Series and C-Series servers. You will cover virtualization solutions and how to execute a virtualization solution on UCS B-series and C-series hardware.
New features of the UCS v2.0 code will be addressed with additional information provided on the new hardware additions to the UCS portfolio, including the 6248 and 6296 Fabric Interconnects, 2204 and 2208 I/O modules (IOMs), and 1240 and 1280 virtual interface cards (VICs).
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- CCNA DC (DCICN and DCICT) or equivalent knowledge.
- CCNA (ICND1 and ICND2) this will be superceeded by CCNA DC
- Prior Attendance of DCUFI recommended
- Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V,Citrix Xen) - VSICM recommended
Describing Cisco UCS Architecture
- Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Server Hardware Components
- Describing the Cisco UCS User Interfaces
- Describing Cisco UCS Management Framework and Features
Configuring Cisco UCS B-Series Connectivity
- Configuring Cisco UCS B-Series Physical Connectivity
- Configuring Compute Node LAN Connectivity
- Configuring Compute Node SAN Connectivity
- Supporting Disjointed Layer 2 Domains with Cisco UCS Manager
Provision Cisco UCS Compute Resources
- Provisioning the Cisco UCS Cluster
- Provisioning LAN Networking
- Provisioning SAN Networking
- Provisioning Resource Pools in Cisco UCS Manager
- Provisioning Server Policies in Cisco UCS Manager
- Provisioning Service Profiles from Templates in Cisco UCS Manager
- Provisioning Cisco UCS C-Series Server Integration in Cisco UCS Manager
Implement Cisco UCS Server Virtualization Features
- Provisioning Cisco VM-FEX and Cisco VM-FEX Universal Pass-Through
- Provisioning Cisco VM-FEX
- Provisioning Cisco VM-FEX Universal Pass-Through
Assessing Computing Solution Requirements
- Analyzing Computing Solutions Characteristics
- Employing Data Center Analysis Tools
Sizing a Cisco Unified Computing System Solution
- Sizing the Cisco UCS C-Series Server Solution
- Sizing the Cisco UCS B-Series Server Solution
- Planning a Unified Computing Deployment
Designing Cisco Unified Computing Solutions
- Designing the Unified Computing Network
- Designing Unified Computing Storage
Designing Cisco UCS Server Deployment Model
- Designing Cisco UCS Server Deployment
- Designing Unified Computing Management
Labs - Implementation
- Lab1: Initial Configuration
- Lab 2: Configuring Resource Pools
- Lab 3: Creating Locgical Service profiles
- Lab 4: Install VMware ESXI on iSCSI LUN and Boot from iSCSI
- Lab 5: Backing Up and Importing Configuration Data
- Lab 6: Upgrading Cisco UCS Components
- Lab 7: Reporting and RAID Configuration
- Lab 8: Configuring VM-FEX Passthrough Switching
Labs - Design
- Lab 2-1: Analyze the Existing Computing Solution
- Lab 3-1: Size the Small Cisco UCS Solution
- Lab 3-2: Size the Large Cisco UCS Solution
- Lab 3-3: Plan the Physical Deployment
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Architecture.
- Describe the Cisco UCS connectivity configuration and management
- . Describe how to configure and manage Cisco UCS virtual resources.
- Configure, Maintain, and Operate Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers leveraging the Cisco IMC, Host Update Utility, and the P81E Virtual Interface Card.
- Assess the requirements and performance characteristics of the data center computing solutions
- Employ Design steps to size the Cisco UCS solution for given data center requirements.
This course is recommended for any engineer involved in the design, implementation and administration of a Cisco UCS solution.
Recommended Preparation for exams(s):
- 642-999 - DCUCI
- 642-998 - DCUCD
These exams are required by delegates looking to achieve their CCNP in Data Center.
Delegates looking to achieve their CCNP in Data Center will also need to attend the courses that cover the Cisco Nexus Products.
- DCUFI - Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric
- DCUFD - Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric
For more information on Cisco courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : email@example.com
International Enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org
Request More Information