Course Code: CNS-220
Citrix : Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Traffic Management
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/citrix/network_management/cns-220.html
Designed for students with little or no previous NetScaler experience, this course is best suited for individuals who will be deploying or managing NetScaler environments. The primary objective of the Citrix NetScaler Traffic Management course is to provide the foundational concepts and skills necessary to implement, configure, secure, monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot a Citrix NetScaler system for application delivery. To reinforce learning objectives in this course students will work through exercises such as configure advanced load balancing and GSLB on a NetScaler, customize the NetScaler for traffic flow and content-specific requirements, and employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler issues within a virtual lab environment. The content is based on version 11 of the Citrix NetScaler product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions.
- Basic Networking
- Windows and Linux Server administration
- TCP/IP, HTTP protocols and the OSI model
- Server load balancing and content switching concepts
- Web server software
- DNS, SSL and compression concepts
- Network security threats and site protection concepts
Part 1: NetScaler Essentials (Days 1-3)
- Learn the skills required to implement NetScaler components including secure Load Balancing, High Availability, and NetScaler Management. At the end of the course students will be able to configure their NetScaler environments to address traffic delivery and management requirements including load balancing, availability, and NetScaler operation management.
Part 2: NetScaler Traffic Management (Days 4-5)
- Learn the skills required to configure and manage NetScaler Traffic Management features, including Content Switching, Traffic Optimization, and Global Server Load Balancing. At the end of the course students will be able to configure their NetScaler environments to address efficient traffic switching and resilience requirements including content switching, traffic optimization, and disaster recovery.
- Identify the functionality and capabilities of the NetScaler
- Explain basic NetScaler network architecture
- Obtain, install, and manage NetScaler licenses
- Explain how SSL is used to secure the NetScaler
- Optimize the NetScaler system for traffic handling and management
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Implement NetScaler TriScale technology, including clustering
- Configure advanced load balancing and GSLB on the NetScaler system
- Identify the functionality and characteristics of the NetScaler SDX platform
Students interested in learning how to implement and manage the advanced NetScaler features using leading practices. Specifically Administrators, Implementers / Engineers and Architects
CNS-220 will prepare students for Exam 351, The requirement for the Citrix Certified Professional – Networking (CCP-N) certification.
For more information on Citrix courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : firstname.lastname@example.org
International Enquiries : email@example.com
Request More Information