Course Code: G005
CompTIA : CompTIA Network + Support Skills
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/comptia/network_management/g005.html
This course will teach you the fundamental principles of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network technologies and help you to progress a career in network administration. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA Network+ exam by providing 100% coverage of the objectives and content examples listed on the syllabus. Study of the course can act as groundwork for more advanced training.
The CompTIA Network+ credential proves knowledge of networking features and functions and is the leading vendor-neutral certification for networking professionals. Worldwide nearly 500,000 individuals are CompTIA Network+ certified and 91% of hiring managers indicate CompTIA certifications are valuable in validating IT employee skills and expertise. Dell, HP, Sharp, Xerox and Ricoh are among the companies that employ Network+ certified staff and it is supported by top organizations, such as Apple, Best Buy, Canon, Cisco, Intel and U.S. Navy.
Regardless of whether you have passed A+, it is recommended that you have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Configure and support PC, laptop, mobile (smartphone / tablet), and print devices.
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers).
- Configure and manage users, groups, and shared resources in a simple SOHO network.
- Understand the use of basic access control measures, such as authentication, security policy, encryption, and firewalls.
- Module 1: Topologies and Infrastructure
- Topologies and the OSI Model
- Hubs, Bridges, and Switches
- Infrastructure and Design
- Module 2: Addressing and Routing
- Internet Protocol
- IPv4 Addressing
- DHCP and APIPA
- IPv6 Addressing
- Module 3: Troubleshooting and Management
- Transport Protocols
- Name Resolution
- Applications and Services
- Management and Monitoring
- Cloud and Virtualization
- Module 4: Installation
- Network Sites
- Installing Cable
- Installing Wireless Networks
- WAN Technologies
- Remote Access
- Module 5: Security
- Vulnerabilities and Threats
- Security Appliances
- Incident Response
- Change and Configuration Management
- Describe the features of different network protocols and products for LANs, WANs, and wireless networks.
- Understand the functions and features of TCP/IP addressing and protocols.
- Identify threats to network resources and appropriate security countermeasures.
- Install and configure network cabling and appliances.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot networks.
CompTIA Network+ is aimed at IT professionals with job roles such as network administrator, network technician, network installer, help desk technician and IT cable installer.
For more information on CompTIA courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : email@example.com
International Enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org
Request More Information