Course Code: WB804G
IBM : Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/ibm/business_process/wb804g.html
This course is also available as instructor-led online course, Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8 (Remote Classroom)(VB804GB) and as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course, Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8 (Self-paced)(ZB804GB). These options do not require any travel.
In this 4-day, instructor-led course, you learn the product skills that are required to install, configure, and manage an IBM Business Process Manager environment.
The course begins with an overview of business process management (BPM) and its architecture. You learn how to make team collaboration more efficient by enabling all team members to use standard process model elements. This approach makes expressing and interpreting business requirements consistent throughout the BPM lifecycle.
The course continues with the installation, configuration, and management of IBM Business Process Manager. First, you install and configure IBM Business Process Manager in two different operating systems, by using a typical installation and a custom installation approach with a script. Next, you examine the architecture of IBM Business Process Manager. You use this knowledge to develop strategies for building an efficient topology to provide contextual information for the rest of the course. Then, you define and manage user authentication and authorization. You learn about installing, deploying, and upgrading snapshots to different environments, and you use various tools to monitor process execution and system errors. Finally, you examine methods to enhance system performance and apply troubleshooting techniques.
The course uses an interactive learning environment, with hands-on demonstrations and class activities to reinforce concepts and check understanding. Lab exercises throughout the course give you hands-on experience with administrative tasks and skills. This course is collaborative, and you can work in teams to complete class activities.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows 2003 Server and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server operating systems.
You should have experience with:
- Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) and Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Administering multitier business applications
- Managing WebSphere Application Server
- Managing a database server, such as DB2, MS SQL Server, or Oracle DB
- Course introduction
- IBM Business Process Manager Standard architecture overview
- Installing IBM Business Process Manager Standard
- Exercise: Installing a Process Server
- Clustering and topologies
- Exercise: Installing Process Center with command-line utilities
- Core configuration files
- Exercise: Changing the name of the Process Server
- Internal security providers
- Exercise: Adding a user to IBM Business Process Manager
- External security providers
- Exercise: Granting access to users with groups
- Exercise: Creating users, groups, and access for projects
- Installing and configuring snapshots
- Exercise: Installing a snapshot
- Exercise: Replacing an existing snapshot
- Monitoring processes
- Exercise: Customizing access to the administration console
- Performance and troubleshooting
- Exercise: Monitoring performance and troubleshooting
- Course summary
- Define installation tasks
- Explain topology options for clustered environments
- Define the IBM Business Process Manager technical architecture
- Complete basic configuration
- Manage user and group authentication and authorization
- Install and configure snapshots
- Monitor IBM Business Process Manager processes
- Provide strategies for enhancing performance
- Troubleshoot server environments with administration consoles
This intermediate course is designed for project and technical operations team members who monitor and administer one or more IBM Business Process Manager server environments.
For more information on IBM courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : email@example.com
International Enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org
Request More Information