Course Code: AN202G
IBM : Korn and Bash Shell Programming
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/ibm/operating_systems/an202g.html
This course will teach you how to use shell scripts and utilities for practical system administration of AIX (or other UNIX) operating systems.
You should have:
- An understanding of programming fundamentals: variables, flow control concepts such as repetition and decision.
- A working knowledge of AIX including the use of the vi editor, find and grep commands.
Students without this experience should attend AIX Basics (AN10G).
- Basic shell concepts
- Flow control in a shell Script
- Functions and typeset
- Shell features such as arithmetic and string handling
- Using regular expressions
- Using sed, awk and other AIX utilities
You will have a firm grounding in the Perl language and be able to:
- Write Perl scripts for data-processing, system administration, and other applications
- Use modules from the Perl Module Library to improve your efficiency
This advanced-level course is for support staff for AIX on POWER systems.
For more information on IBM courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : firstname.lastname@example.org
International Enquiries : email@example.com
Request More Information