Course Code: AN11G
IBM : Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/ibm/operating_systems/an11g.html
Learn how to perform system administration in a Power Systems environment. Learn about the features of PowerVM Editions and how to configure and manage LPARs running AIX V7.1 using the Hardware Management Console (HMC).
General TCP/IP knowledge is strongly recommended. This prerequisite can be met by attending TCP/IP for AIX System Administrators (AN21G).This introductory course does not require any logical partitioning experience.
- Introduction to partitioning
- Hardware system overview
- Hardware Management Console
- Hardware Management Console maintenance
- System power management
- Planning and configuring logical partitions
- Partition operations
- Dynamic LPAR infrastructure
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe important concepts associated with managing POWER7 processor-based systems, such as logical partitioning, dynamic partitioning, virtual devices, virtual processors, virtual consoles, virtual local area network (VLAN), and shared processors
- Describe the features of the PowerVM editions
- Use the System Planning Tool to plan an LPAR configuration
- Describe the functions provided by the HMC
- Configure and manage the HMC, including users and permissions, software, startup and shutdown, remote access features, network configuration, security features, HMC backup and restore options, and the HMC reload procedure
- Describe the rules associated with allocating resources, including dedicated processors, processing units for micro-partitions, memory, logical host Ethernet adapter, and physical I/O for AIX and Linux partitions
- Configure and manage LPARs using the HMC graphical user interface (GUI) and HMC commands
- Interpret physical and AIX location codes and relate to the key hardware components
- Power on and power off the POWER7-based system
- Use the HMC to back up and restore partition data
- Perform dynamic LPAR operations (DLPAR)
This course is appropriate for system administrators, technical support individuals, and IBM business partners who implement LPARs on IBM Power Systems.
This is an Instructor-Led Virtual Class.
*** The 3 course days are spread over 5 afternoon sessions
*** Session runs from 1:30pm to 5:30pm UK Time – for 5 days
For more information on IBM courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : email@example.com
International Enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org
Request More Information