Course Code: SE2-201
Java Application Programming
This second course in Java course teaches the learner how to develop Java applications using the GUI, network programming, databases and web based server applications using Java Server Pages (JSP’s). The course is be structured around a hypothetical bank project in order to teach the learners how to develop a real application. Topics covered are:
- The Graphical User Interface
This section gives an overview of the AWT. In addition an extensive description of the major features of the Java Foundation Classes (swing) is described.
- Network Programming
This chapter gives an introduction to TCP/IP and network programming using sockets in a client-server Java environment.
- Database Programming
This topic described the use of the Java database access packages for database access using imbedded SQL.
Request More Information
1st floor, Bridgeport House Hampton Office Park, 20 Georgian Crescent East, Bryanston 2021
At the completion of the course the learner will be able to:
- Design and develop client applications in Java that communicate via sockets with a server application.
- Design a graphical user interface (GUI) using most of the Java swing classes including the development of layout managers and event listeners. The GUI is developed from first principles and no RAD tools are used.
- Use Java code to access a relational database using SQL statements.
- Build scripts to compile and build the application.