Course Code: MMEI
Back to Courses
Mastering Microsoft Excel (Intermediate)
The Microsoft Excel Intermediate course is designed to take a person, who desires to advance their Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, to become more effective at working in it, as well as extending Microsoft Excel to interacting with Microsoft Word for reducing repetitive work. The skills to be able to build this are not difficult to learn, and the way the course is taught is to help you to understand the simple mindset behind how Microsoft products work together.
Your trainer has over twenty years’ experience with Microsoft Excel and will simplify what others make complicated. As he says, “Pretty much anyone can learn Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel when it is explained from the perspective of normal working people”.
Once Microsoft Excel has been demystified, and you begin extending your capabilities you will grow comfortable working with, and getting Microsoft Excel to do work for you.
After you complete this course, you will know how to get Microsoft Excel to do your work more effectively. You will transform the mundane work into quick wins and create more professional looking output.
There is another more advanced course, which, together with this course would assist you with learning complex formulas and writing macro programs to automate some of your functions.
This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your understanding of how different aspects of your current Excel experience can be simplified, and gives you the opportunity to build your own professional brand of Excel-powered deliverables in the process.
Additionally, the basic requirements of the POPI (Protection of Private Information) Act, which is applicable to all who work in a Microsoft Office environment, will also be taught.
- Understand the simplicity of Microsoft Windows
- Understand how Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office work together
- Speed up your work (up to double your current speed)
- Optimise Microsoft settings to protect you
- Optimise MS Office settings to empower you
- Optimise MS Excel settings to empower you
- Reduce time spent fixing incorrect data
- Auto-generate personalised communications
- Create time and SLA activated colour-coded reminders
Course duration is 4 days.
Lesson 1: Intro to the mind-set behind Microsoft products
- Hardware and Software
- Layers of functionality
- The Windows Frame
- The Microsoft Office Frame
- The Microsoft Excel Frame
- The Microsoft Excel Worksheet Frame
- The Microsoft Excel Cell Frame
- Using the Windows Clipboard
- Microsoft Windows Intermediate Keyboard Shortcuts
- Microsoft Office Intermediate Mouse Shortcuts
- Microsoft Office Intermediate Keyboard Shortcuts
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Keyboard Shortcuts
Lesson 2: Security and Privacy – POPI Act (what to do)
- Microsoft Windows (simplifying the complicated)
- Microsoft Office Intermediate Settings
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Settings
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Workbook Settings
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Worksheet Settings
Lesson 3: Intermediate Functions
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Templates
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Conditional Formatting
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Graphs
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Charts
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Pivot Tables
Lesson 4: Intermediate Referencing and Formulas
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Referencing other values
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Formulas
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Data Manipulation Formulas
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Reports
Please enquire if you wish to arrange courses in your own environment. The minimum class size is 5.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will receive a Velisa Africa Mastery Intermediate Excel Intermediate certificate. We look forward to welcoming you to this highly practical training session!