Course Code: M10979
Microsoft : Microsoft Azure Fundamentals vC
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/microsoft/cloud_computing/m10979.html
Get hands-on instruction and practice implementing Microsoft Azure in this two day Microsoft Official Course. You will be presented with Basic cloud computing concepts as well as specific Microsoft Azure features used in day to day administration of cloud resources. You will learn key Microsoft Azure concepts and basic implementation of Azure subscriptions, websites, virtual machines, storage, virtual networks, databases and Microsoft Azure Active Directory. This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have a limited knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure. This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all IT professionals who will be using Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they are an administrator, developer, or database administrator. While this course does not map to an exam, it does provide you with the prerequisite knowledge for taking courses 20532B:Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions & 20533B:Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
Before attending this course, students must have a background in IT.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Understanding of websites.
- A basic understanding of virtualization.
- A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, users, and domain controllers.
- A basic understanding of database concepts including tables and simple queries.
- Module 1: Cloud Storage Understand Cloud Storage
- Create and Manage Storage
- Lab : Configure Azure Storage
- Create an Azure Storage Account
- Create and Manage Blobs
- Module 2: Microsoft Azure Databases
- Understand Relational Database Deployment Options
- Create and Connect to SQL Databases
- Lab : Create a SQL Database in Azure
- Create a New SQL Database in Azure and Configure SQL Server Firewall Rules
- Add Data to a SQL Database in Azure by Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Module 3: Azure Active Directory Overview of Azure AD
- Manage AuthenticationLab : Create Users in Azure Active Directory
- Create an Azure AD Directory
- Create Users in Azure Active Directory
- Module 4: Microsoft Azure Management Tools Azure PowerShell
- The Azure SDK and the Azure Cross-Platform Command-Line Interface
- Lab : Using Microsoft Azure Management Tools
- Use the Azure PowerShell Modules
- Use the Azure Cross-Platform Command-Line Interface
- Module 5: Getting Started with Microsoft Azure What Is Cloud Computing?
- What Is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription Management and Billing
- Lab : Use the Microsoft Azure Portal
- Add a Co-Administrator
- View Billing Data
- Module 6: Virtual Machines in Microsoft Azure
- Create and Configure Virtual Machines
- Configure Disks
- Lab : Create a Virtual Machine in Microsoft Azure
- Create a Virtual Machine from the Gallery
- Verify the functionality of the Virtual Machine
- Attach a Data Disk
- Module 7: Websites and Cloud Services Create and Configure Websites
- Deploy and Monitor Websites
- Create and Deploy Cloud Services
- Lab : Websites and Cloud Services
- Create a WordPress Website
- Create a Cloud Service
- Module 8: Virtual Networks Getting Started with Virtual Networks
- Creating a Virtual Network
- Implementing Point-to-Site Networks
- Lab : Create a Virtual Network
- Creating a Virtual Network
- Creating Virtual Machines from the Gallery
- Add Point-to-Site Connectivity
- Describe the various Azure services, and access these services from the Azure portal.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Azure.
- Describe the Azure Websites service and Azure Cloud Services.
- Create and implement Azure networks.
- Create and configure cloud storage in Azure.
- Use databases to store data in Azure.
- Use Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), integrate applications with Azure AD, and manage authentication.
- Manage an Azure subscription by using Azure PowerShell, Microsoft Visual Studio, and the Azure command-line interface.
This course is intended for IT professionals who have a limited knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure.
For more information on Microsoft courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : firstname.lastname@example.org
International Enquiries : email@example.com
Request More Information