Course Code: ELK91-012
Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Part 2
DOWNLOAD COURSE INFO
Whether you need to crunch numbers for sales, inventory, IT, human resources, or another business unit, the ability to get the right information to the right people at the right time can create a powerful competitive advantage in a complex market environment.
This course builds upon the foundational Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010 knowledge and skills you’ve already acquired and sets you on the road to creating advanced workbooks and worksheets that will deepen your firm’s business intelligence.
You’ll learn a lot of things about Excel 2010, including how to create advanced formulas and organize your data into tables. You’ll discover the power of PivotTables and PivotCharts and how Slicers can make data filtering as easy as clicking a few buttons.
At its heart, this course is about one simple idea: asking your data questions and using Excel 2010 to find the answers.
Prerequisites: Prior to taking this course, you should either have taken Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Part 1 or have equivalent knowledge.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
• 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
• 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
• 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
• CD-ROM drive
• Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
• 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
• Network cards and cabling for local network access
• Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
• Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
• Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
• Microsoft® Office Professional Edition 2010
• Microsoft® Office Suite Service Pack 1
• Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional with Service Pack 1
Lesson 1: Creating Advanced Formulas
Topic A: Apply Range Names
Topic B: Use Specialized Functions
Lesson 2: Analyzing Data with Logical and Lookup Functions
Topic A: Leverage Questions and Testing to Write Formulas
Topic B: Use Logical and Lookup Functions to Find Answers to Questions
Lesson 3: Organizing Worksheet Data with Tables
Topic A: Create and Modify Tables
Topic B: Sort and Filter Data
Topic C: Use Summary and Database Functions to Calculate Data
Lesson 4: Visualizing Data with Charts
Topic A: Create Charts
Topic B: Modify and Format Charts
Topic C: Create a Trendline
Topic D: Create Advanced Charts
Lesson 5: Analyzing Data with PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts
Topic A: Create a PivotTable
Topic B: Filter Data Using Slicers
Topic C: Analyze Data Using PivotCharts
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphics
Topic A: Insert and Modify Graphic Objects
Topic B: Layer and Group Graphic Objects
Topic C: Incorporate SmartArt
Lesson 7: Enhancing Workbooks
Topic A: Customize Workbooks
Topic B: Manage Themes
Topic C: Create and Use Templates
Topic D: Protect Files
Course Objective: In this course, you will:
• Create advanced formulas.
• Analyze data with logical and lookup functions.
• Organize worksheet data with tables.
• Visualize data by using charts.
• Analyzing data with PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts.
• Insert graphic objects.
• Enhance workbooks.
For more information on Cisco courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : email@example.com
International Enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org
Request More Information