Course Code: RH254
Red Hat : Red Hat System Administration III
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/red_hat/operating_systems/rh254.html
Red Hat System Administration III (RH254) is designed for experienced Linux® administrators who require networking and security administration skills. With a heavy emphasis on practical, hands-on labs, focus is placed on enhancing automation skills to securely configure, deploy, and manage network services including DNS, Apache, SMTP, and network file sharing. In addition, this course emphasizes security, including monitoring, packet filtering, access controls, and SELinux.
At the completion of this course, students already familiar with the Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT)/Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) administration skills will have exposure to all competencies tested by the RHCSA and Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) exams. Exams sold separately.
- RHCSA Rapid Track Course with exam (RH200) or the combination of Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II with exam (RH135) courses
- Equivalent experience to the RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH200)
- Skills required to earn an RHCT/RHCSA certification
Getting started with the classroom environment
- Objective: Given a virtualized environment, begin to administrate multiple systems using prerequisite skills.
Enhance user security
- Objective: Configure system to use Kerberos to verify credentials and grant privileges via sudo.
Bash scripting and tools
- Objective: Automate system administration tasks utilizing Bash scripts and text-based tools.
File security with GnuPG
- Objective: Secure files with GnuPG.
- Objective: Use yum plug-ins to manage packages; understand the design of packages; build a simple package.
- Objective: Profile running services, then capture and analyze network traffic.
Route network traffic
- Objective: Configure system to route traffic and customize network parameters with sysctl.
Secure network traffic
- Objective: Secure network traffic through SSH port forwarding and iptables filtering/network address translation (NAT).
NTP server configuration
- Objective: Configure an NTP server.
File systems and logs
- Objective: Manage local file system integrity; monitor systems over time and system logging.
Centralized and secure storage
- Objective: Access centralized storage (iSCSI) and encrypt file systems.
SSL-encapsulated web services
- Objective: Understand SSL certificates and deploy an SSL-encapsulated web service.
Web server additional configuration
- Objective: Configure a web server with virtual hosts, dynamic content, and authenticated directories.
Basic SMTP configuration
- Objective: Configure an SMTP server for basic operation (null client, receiving mail, smarthost relay).
Caching-only DNS server
- Objective: Understand DNS resource records and configure a caching-only name server.
File sharing with NFS
- Objective: Configure file sharing between hosts with NFS.
File sharing with CIFS
- Objective: Configure file and print sharing between hosts with CIFS.
File sharing with FTP
- Objective: Configure file sharing with anonymous FTP.
Troubleshooting boot process
- Objective: Understand the boot process and recover unbootable systems with rescue mode.
- Enhancing user security
- Disk management with Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI)
- System and network activity monitoring
- Network management and packet filtering
- Software management
- Web service management
- File sharing across platforms
- Basic SMTP management
This course is recommended forsenior Linux system administrators who requires networking and security administration skills, Linux IT professionals who currently has an RHCT or RHCSA certification and is interested in earning an RHCE certification andLinux IT professionals who can demonstrate the competencies needed to earn an RHCSA.
RHCE Exam (EX300) Hands-on, performance-based, 2-hours exam.
This course prepares you for these credentials:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer — RHCE
Follow on Courses
- RH318, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
For more information on Red Hat courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : firstname.lastname@example.org
International Enquiries : email@example.com
Request More Information