Course Code: NBU7.7MT
Symantec : NetBackup Maintenance and Troubleshooting
The NetBackup Maintenance and Troubleshooting course provides the IT professional with instruction on troubleshooting NetBackup 7.7 software. This course covers general error detection tools and troubleshooting methodologies. Students practice solving problems related to the NetBackup database, devices, media, disk, deduplication, networking, backups, and restores. In addition, students study the functions of key NetBackup processes and how to enable, view, and manage the associated logs.
This course is available in the following delivery methods:
- Instructor-led training (ILT)
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Detect problems using tools such as the NetBackup reports, NBSU, and administrative commands.
- Correct problems and verify these corrections.
- Understand the functions of services, daemons, and processes that drive NetBackup operations.
- Rapidly and accurately isolate the root cause of a backup failure.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of tape device, media, disk, deduplication, and communication-related problems.
- Run backups and restores with a higher rate of success and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot Storage Lifecycle policies (SLP) and Auto Image Replication.
- Enable and use legacy, unified, and robust logging to troubleshoot problems.
- Back up, recover, and troubleshoot the NetBackup catalog, including the NBDB database.
Who Should Attend
- This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
- Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years’ experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience
- This course includes practical hands-on lab exercises to apply your new skills in a virtual NetBackup domain. At the start of class students will choose between Windows-based or Linux-based NetBackup servers to perform lab exercises.
For more information on Symantec courses in South Africa please contact us:
Request More Information