Course Code: SEP12.xMT
Symantec : Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x: Maintain and Troubleshooting
The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x: Maintain and Troubleshooting course is designed for the IT security management professional tasked with troubleshooting Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x. Students learn how to troubleshoot and upgrade to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x and how to monitor and troubleshoot the SEPM, client-to-SEPM communication, content distribution, client deployments, and protection technologies. The class also covers how to follow Symantec best practices for troubleshooting and remediating a virus outbreak and performing advanced monitoring using IT Analytics.
- Instructor-led training (ILT)
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Monitor client-to-SEPM communication.
- Maintain a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot SEPM and client content delivery.
- Monitor and troubleshoot protection technologies.
- Use best practices when troubleshooting and remediating a virus outbreak.
- Use IT Analytics to generate comprehensive reports from Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Who Should Attend
- This course is for network managers, resellers, systems administrators, client security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the troubleshooting, and day-to-day management of Symantec Endpoint Protection in a variety of network environments, and who are responsible for troubleshooting and tuning the performance of this product in the enterprise environment.
- You must have attended the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration course or have one year of day-to-day experience maintaining a SEP environment, which includes basic troubleshooting.
- This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment.
- Course overview
- The classroom lab environment
Troubleshooting Techniques and Tools
- Use a systematic approach for problem solving.
- Describe Symantec and third-party troubleshooting tools and how they are used.
- Know which SEPM and SEP client logs to research when troubleshooting specific issues.
- Use the Symantec Knowledge Base and interact with Symantec Technical Support.
SEPM Console Troubleshooting
- Identify critical SEP 12.1 services and processes.
- Troubleshoot authentication issues.
- Troubleshoot the embedded and SQL database connection and configuration.
Troubleshoot Installation and Migration Issues
- Describe how data is transferred during replication and know which replication logs are affected.
- Troubleshoot a new SEPM SEP 12.1.5 installation.
- Describe how to upgrade the SEPM.
- Ensure a successful SEPM upgrade.
- Upgrade Windows clients and troubleshoot the deployment.
- Ensure Mac compatibility and troubleshoot upgrading Mac clients.
- Install and troubleshoot Linux client installations.
Troubleshooting Client Communication Issues
- Identify the interactions between the client and the SEPM.
- Identify heartbeat process.
- Locate and configure debug logs for client communication issues.
- Describe communications issues from the client perspective.
For more information on Symantec courses in South Africa please contact us:
Request More Information