Course Code: SC1433
Symantec : Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.X: Maintain and Troubleshoot
Velisa Africa is the official Global Knowledge partner in Sub-Saharan Africa. Course details : https://www.globalknowledge.co.uk/courses/symantec_training/security/sc1433.html
The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x: Maintain and Troubleshooting course is designed for the IT security management professional tasked with troubleshooting Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x.
Students learn how to troubleshoot and upgrade to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x and how to monitor and troubleshoot the SEPM, client-to-SEPM communication, content distribution, client deployments, and protection technologies.
The class also covers how to follow Symantec best practices for troubleshooting and remediating a virus outbreak and performing advanced monitoring using IT Analytics.
You must have attended the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration course or have one year of day-to-day experience maintaining a SEP environment, which includes basic troubleshooting.
- Course overview
- The classroom lab environment
- Troubleshooting Techniques and Tools
- Use a systematic approach for problem solving.
- Describe Symantec and third-party troubleshooting tools and how they are used.
- Know which SEPM and SEP client logs to research when troubleshooting specific issues.
- Use the Symantec Knowledge Base and interact with Symantec Technical Support.
SEPM Console Troubleshooting
- Identify critical SEP 12.x services and processes.
- Troubleshoot authentication issues.
- Troubleshoot the embedded and SQL database connection and configuration.
Troubleshoot Installation and Migration Issues
- Describe how data is transferred during replication and know which replication logs are affected.
- Troubleshoot a new SEPM SEP 12.x installation.
- Describe how to upgrade the SEPM.
- Ensure a successful SEPM upgrade.
- Upgrade Windows clients and troubleshoot the deployment.
- Ensure Mac compatibility and troubleshoot upgrading Mac clients.
- Install and troubleshoot Linux client installations.
Troubleshooting Client Communication Issues
- Identify the interactions between the client and the SEPM.
- Identify heartbeat process.
- Locate and configure debug logs for client communication issues.
- Describe communications issues from the client perspective.
- Describe the tools and methods to repair communication problems.
- Identify Linux and Mac communication issues.
Content Distribution Issues
- Determine which LiveUpdate source works best for your organization.
- Examine how the SEPM connects to LiveUpdate and downloads content.
- Examine LiveUpdate logs.
- Manage LIveUpdate for SEP 12.x clients.
- Describe Symantec best practices for managing and monitoring GUPs, and describe the use the Symantec Endpoint Protection Content Distribution Monitor.
- Identify and examine critical SEPM reports for use
- during a malware outbreak.
- Introducing IT Analytics
- Creating reports using IT Analytics.
- Incident HandlingLife of an outbreak.
- Handling false positives.
- Identifying false positives.
- Assess SEP performance using sizing and scalability recommendations.
- Optimize performance for the SEPM.
- Optimize performance for the SEP client.
- Utilities and other resources.
- Case studies.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Monitor client-to-SEPM communication.
- Maintain a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot SEPM and client content delivery.
- Monitor and troubleshoot protection technologies.
- Use best practices when troubleshooting and remediating a virus outbreak.
- Use IT Analytics to generate comprehensive reports from Symantec Endpoint Protection.
This course is for network managers, resellers, systems administrators, client security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the troubleshooting, and day-to-day management of Symantec Endpoint Protection in a variety of network environments, and who are responsible for troubleshooting and tuning the performance of this product in the enterprise environment.
For more information on Symantec courses in South Africa please contact us:
Enquiries in Johannesburg and Cape Town : email@example.com
International Enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org
Request More Information