Course Code: SEP14ADM
Symantec : Symantec Endpoint Protection 14: Administration
The Symantec Endpoint Protection Administration course is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professional tasked with architecting, implementing, and monitoring virus and spyware protection, zero-day protection, and network threat protection solutions. This class covers how to design, deploy, install, configure, manage, and monitor Symantec Endpoint Protection in a Windows and Mac environment. Students learn how to create and implement the client firewall, intrusion prevention, application and device control, and behavioural protection policies that guard the enterprise from viruses and hackers. In addition, students learn how to perform server and database management, expand the management environment and use virtualization features for virtual clients.
- Instructor-led training (ILT)
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Symantec Endpoint Protection products, components, dependencies, and system hierarchy.
- Install and configure Symantec Endpoint Protection management and client components.
- Deploy Symantec Endpoint Protection Windows and Mac clients.
- Manage the client user interface.
- Manage content updates for Windows and Mac clients.
- Design a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Manage Virus and Spyware Protection policies.
- Manage SONAR scans.
- Manage Firewall and Intrusion Prevention policies.
- Manage Application and Device Control policies.
- Manage virtualized clients.
- Configure replication and load balancing.
Who Should Attend
- This course is for network managers, resellers, systems administrators, client security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Symantec Endpoint Protection in a variety of network environments, and who are responsible for troubleshooting and tuning the performance of this product in the enterprise environment.
- You must have working knowledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/IP networking terms and Internet terms, and an administrator-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment
- Course overview
- The classroom lab environment
Symantec Endpoint Protection Product Solution
- Why use Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- Symantec Endpoint Protection technologies
- Symantec Endpoint Protection services
- Symantec Endpoint Protection components
- Symantec Endpoint Protection policies and concepts
- Extending Symantec Endpoint Protection
Installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- Identifying system requirements
- Preparing servers for installation
- Installing and configuring the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- Describing Symantec Endpoint Protection upgrades and version compatibility
For more information on Symantec courses in South Africa please contact us:
Request More Information