Course Code: VIA7.1ADM
Symantec : Veritas InfoScale Availability 7.1 for Unix/Linux: Administration
The Veritas InfoScale Availability 7.1 for Unix/Linux: Administration course is designed for the IT professional tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) clusters. This class covers how to use InfoScale Availability to manage applications in a high availability environment. After gaining the fundamental skills that are needed to manage a highly available application in a cluster, you can deploy InfoScale Availability in a lab environment to implement a sample cluster design.
This course is available in the following delivery methods:
- Instructor-led training (ILT)
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how clustering is used to implement high availability in the data centre environment.
- Describe VCS and cluster communication mechanisms.
- Create a cluster, and configure service groups and resources.
- Implement and verify failover and failback capability for application, storage, and network services.
- Configure and optimize cluster behaviour.
- Protect data in a shared storage environment.
- Describe I/O fencing operations, and its implementation.
- Configure VCS to manage an Oracle database and other applications.
- Configure and manage VCS clusters on virtual machines in VMware environment.
- Implement Just in Time Availability for single node VCS cluster on virtual machine in a VMware environment.
Who Should Attend
- This course is for Linux system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, network/SAN administrators, and systems integration/development staff, who will be installing, operating, or integrating InfoScale Availability.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with Linux systems administration
- This course includes practical lab exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer those skills into your working environment.
For more information on Symantec courses in South Africa please contact us:
Request More Information