Velisa Africa : Data Sciences / Data Management Intern Program 2018/2019
Application Closing date : 1 Jan 2018
Start Date: 1 Feb 2018 End Date: 28 February 2019
Stipend : R4500 pm
Criteria for Selection:
- Candidates must be South African citizens.
- Copies of academic records, a letter of motivation and a CV must be included.
- Not have previously participated in an internship or graduate programme;
- Have no work experience in the field of study.
- A recent graduate (2011-2017).
- Be considered a youth (18-35 years).
- Verified qualification certificate and no criminal record.
We have developed an Introduction to Data Analytics course with digital marketing job experience, which lays the foundations our interns need to understand the principles of Data Analytics. This is a structured around E-marketing work experience as a freelance agent as well as the principles of Business Analysis and Data Management. Learners will be able to extract, transform and load data into a Data Warehouse which they will have designed and built, and use data analytics tools to create reports and interactive dashboards using their own data.
- Relevant 3 year degree with a major in Mathematics / Statistics (i.e. B.Comm (Statistics), B. Informatics)
- Must be prepared to learn independently and be entrepreneurial
- Computer literacy (Intermediate MS Excel / Access)
- Attention to detail (accuracy) and a degree of web-programming
- Structured thinking and approach (process orientation)
- Able to perform under pressure and work towards strict deadlines
- Adaptable to change and Proactive
- Client service orientation
- Willing and able to work extra hours, outside normal business hours as and when required
- A clear credit history and a clean criminal record are prerequisites
- Keen to get ahead no matter what!
- Knowledge of analytics
- Technical understanding and knowledge (different operating systems / databases / programming languages)
- Knowledge of the retail credit environment / industry would be advantageous
- Knowledge of table and database structures would be preferred
- General business acumen especially in any small business venture
- Communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Numerical skills and Analytical skills
How To Apply
Email a copy of your CV, a letter of motivation, Transcripts and ID document to – email@example.com Reference: Data Sciences Intern Program 2018
Attention : Pauli Taylor
Contact us on : 0861716150